Thursday 11 August 2016

Not at Festival of Quilts this year



I'm not at Festival of Quilts this year because I'm helping my mum look after dad, who has secondary prostate cancer now. He has been in and out of hospital since May and also had a couple of weeks at the local hospice, but he is home at the moment, on strong painkillers, and we have carers coming in four times a day, plus backup from the district nurse etc. He can still get up in the daytime and friends have been coming round quite a lot. Because my mum has had 3 hip replacements after an accident 5 years ago and has mobility problems herself, I am staying here as much as possible at the moment, to do the general running around, getting drinks etc.

I will be at the Great Northern Quilt Show at Harrogate at the beginning of September, as I can do that show from Stockton, and also at World Textile Day East near Thetford the following weekend - demoing, teaching and trading at GNQS and trading at WTD. I will be at the Scottish Quilt Championships too, as a demonstrator.

Right now, I'm hand quilting 'Sidmouth Revisited' too.

 

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

I am glad for you that you can help your mom and dad. It is the sort of help that can only be done by you, not just physical but rest assured that you being there is a mental and spiritual help to them as well. I was too far away to help my parents so it all fell to my brother, I still have yearnings to have been more help but that time has past.

Also great that you let us know where you will be on a few week-end events. One with the quilting.