Wednesday 25 November 2015

Another 1:12 scale project


Another member of one the dolls house groups on Facebook listed this Honeychurch house for sale a few weeks ago.  I already have two other Honeychurch houses, both shops, and they are very well made houses, made from plywood rather than MDF.  The company stopped making houses a few years ago, but occasionally they come up for sale - there's a kit of this on eBay right now, if you would like to build your own. They are quite compact houses and the rooms are not very large, but the lovely detailing on the front of this one, with real stone 'slips', caught my attention.


The inside is also beautifully detailed, with 3-D dado panelling in the main room and a wonderful fireplace and ceiling rose by Sue Cook - very grand for such a small house.



All the decoration is so well done, I will keep everything apart from redecorating the 'bathroom'.




Such a nicely detailed house needs some quality furniture, so here are some of the pieces I plan to use.



I bought the Elf handmade kitchen second hand for another house, but I think it will look better in this one. The dresser is also handmade and another second hand find.



No time to do anything with it just yet, as I am finishing off instructions for my next project for Today's Quilter.  Luckily for me, the house was 'collect only' from an address on Teesside, where we were last weekend, and it fitted easily onto the back seat of the car.

No comments: