Monday 25 May 2015

Sunday birthday


After a busy week, I had a relaxing day at home for my birthday on Sunday.  The weather was nice enough for some outdoor quilting, with a jumper on standby when it clouded over.  Glyn popped the champagne cork in the traditional manner i.e. over the garage roof.


I have finally started handquilting my jelly roll version of the 'Dryslwyn' quilt from 'Quilts of the British Isles', a quilt that used to be in Jen Jones' collection.   I made the top when I was living in Brymbo and it was the first quilt we tacked on the frame in this house, in July 2011, so it has been waiting to be quilted for a while.


While I was teaching on Saturday, Glyn drilled through the house wall into the old larder for the electricity supply to the summerhouse and the garage.  The wall there is two bricks thick, but it is engineering brick, so it took over an hour to drill through each time.  This is the metal junction box he built to bring both the cables into the house - he couldn't find exactly what he wanted, so he built his own from a blank box.


Here's a photo from my 'Introduction to Shonai Sashiko' workshop at The Peacock and the Tortoise in Perth (I'll be teaching there again on 12th June). Last week was busy too, as mum & dad were visiting Dundee all week, so it was nice to have a day when I could have a lie in yesterday!





3 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Happy birthday to you!

Catherine said...

Congratulations on the birthday. I would love to learn how to do sashiko stitching. Do you ever come further south to teach?

Susan Briscoe said...

Hi Catherine,

Yes, I do come south to teach - where are you?