Wednesday 24 September 2014

Scottish Quilt Championships - this weekend


I'll be at the Scottish Quilt Championships at Edinburgh from next Friday to Sunday, where I'll be demoing sashiko and teaching a one hour workshop every morning - click links for more details.

I won't have all the fabrics above with me, as I'm there as a demonstrator rather than a trader, but I wll be bringing some of the striped tsumugi cottons, blue and white yukata cottons, Japanese fabric fat quarters and lots of lovely new sashiko threads I bought in Japan, plus sashiko needles, marking pens etc.  I will also have these - ready made Japanese noren door curtains, in cotton that is ideal for sashiko.  I spotted them for sale at Yamadera a few weeks ago, in deep blue, chartreuse/straw yellow and terracotta, at such a good price they will retail at just £20 each (that's a lot of sashiko fabric for your money).  They have a slight shading effect, getting a little lighter towards the top.  I have several of each and plan to use one of the yellow ones for a stitching demo at the show.  If you want me to keep a particular colour for you, let me know.
 

I should also have some copies of 'The 1718 Coverlet', 'The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook', 'Japanese Quilt Inspirations' and 'Quilt Essentials: Japanese Style', but as these are arriving at the showground on Friday, I may not have them until after lunchtime!





No comments: