Monday 14 July 2014

Fanoe quilt revisited


I made the original Fanoe quilt four years ago and it was raffled to raise funds for The Quilt Museum at York - you can read about the original on my blog here.  It included some pretty Dutch red and white prints, checks and polka dots. I thought I'd make a blue and white version for myself using Japanese yukata cottons, but when I saw a new selection of Scandi Christmas fabrics from Makower on the New Theads website, I changed my mind. The remake will be red and cream, so I can include some of my favourite French General fabrics too and reproduction cream and red mini prints from my stash.  I have a large scale Moda check in red and cream, plus some cream polkadots on red.  Like the original, there will be slightly different shades of red across the patchwork.  Pam Ablett at Quilters' Trading Post longarm quilted it using a shaded red thread that brought all these different reds together beautifully.  I think I will have to get the new one done there with the same pattern.


No comments: