Tuesday 26 June 2012

Next weekend in Llantrisant - Textile Extravaganza


June has turned into a very busy month - no sooner have I done World Textile Day and the National Quilt Championships (last weekend) than I am getting ready for Textile Extravaganza in Llantrisant!  This event is organised by textile artist and shibori innovator Michelle Griffiths, and should be an essential for anyone within reach of South Wales who is interested in all things textile related.  The venue is just a few miles off the M4, so very easy to get to from further afield.  I'll be taking the Japanese silks, some of the vintage kimono and have several items of antique sashiko for display, plus I intend to hang 'The Denman Kannon' (she hasn't been out for a while).  I'll be demoing (when I get a chance!) a new piece of sashiko on hand dyed fabric that I started at Sandown Park on Friday - it's Yuza Sashiko hitomezashi (one stitch sashiko) but not traditional. So this week I have a big turnaround of stuff and will be heading back down south on Friday afternoon.

No comments: