Friday 21 January 2011

Nantwich fabric sale on Sunday - a date for your diary


I'm looking forward to the fabric sale on Sunday - an annual event not to be missed if you are within a few hour's drive of Nantwich.

I will be demoing sashiko and will have some of the projects from the "Japanese Taupes Quilt Blocks" book on display. I am also going to take the "99 Treasures" quilt, because I've got some more four inch charm packs cut for this. My books, kits and patterns will be on sale, plus sashiko thread from Yuza Sashiko Guild. I'll have a box or two of the Japanese tsumugi stripes and the plain sashiko fabrics with me too (for those who want to make up the kit projects another second time). There will be a big discount on my patterns, as I am discontinuing some of them (except via my website, as I can print them on demand).

This is always a very enjoyable day and this time I am going to make sure I get a chance to shop as well - I need some prints for various projects and there are always some very good fabric deals to be had at this event, in addition to a good chance to network with local groups, watch demos, see the display quilts etc. Tip - remember to get a parking ticket if you are parked in the main car park - Nantwich doesn't make Sunday an exception for free parking and the traffic warden seems to make a point of visiting while the sale is on. Second tip - if you want a bacon sandwich from the caterers, don't wait too long (these go as quickly as some of the fabrics!)

No comments: